Saturday, October 20, 2012

 
FOOTBALL IDIOMS AND PHOTOGRAPHY

Peyton Manning was interviewed recently after a stunning come-from-behind win. His team had won a game, but it wasn't easy. He said something to the interviewer that relates, surprisingly, to photography. He said they (the other team) had taken away part of his game plan, so "I had to take what they gave me."

A couple of weeks ago, I got up before 5:00 am to leave for Rocky Mountain National Park. What was my game plan? I was hoping for snow on the mountains (I had heard 30% chance), yellow aspens, and nice reflections in the lakes. I got none of that. Nature took away my "game plan"-- I could see that as I passed Estes Park. But, I told my friend, who had come along that day, "What I'm looking for isn't coming together for me. But, as you know, I'll find something." My friend, who has witnessed my approach to photography and my techniques many times, quickly replied, "Yep."

So, I took what nature gave me, but I had to look for it. Enjoy.
Questions about what you're looking at, or how I found this image? Visit me and write to me at www.elivega.net





No comments:

Post a Comment